Saturday, March 4, 2017

If all your prayers were answered, would it change the world or just yours

If all your prayers were answered, would it change the world or just yours.

Wow. And wow.

And while I ask myself this, a voice in my head asks but what ARE your prayers. What DO you want?

Money enough to not have to think before I spend on something
Time enough to be able to take my road trip and write my book
Friends enough to never have to worry who I can talk to
Success enough to never doubt my abilities
Love enough to never feel alone
Heart enough to do something that will make a difference
Courage enough to be able to take the plunge and not dither
Strength enough to rise every time I fall
Wisdom enough to learn from every misadventure
Fortitude enough to face every battle with positivity

So, I made this list in the order in which the thoughts came. Interesting how I started with money, then immediately to a very tangible goal and then went all esoteric.

And now really wow - i went back to the question that started this all - and i realised I am so all about just myself. Quite contrary to this blend of JC and Mother Theresa I like to believe I am.

Should i call this delusion or hypocrisy?

Or am i just unnecessarily being too harsh on myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment